Monday, August 18, 2008

Top Ten

Last week was such a busy week for me that I didn't really have time, until now, to reflect on how great the week really was. So here is it in no particular order, my Top Ten best moments from last week (8/11-8/17).

Kim's Baby Shower
It was great to see a few of my "Famous" friends again. I got to hold Cannon for little while. Kim is SOOO big she looks ready to pop...I can't believe she has a whole month to go still.

Steph's Designer BBQ
Okay, so I am quiet, shy and socially awkward...you wouldn't have thought a party like this (let alone two in one week if you count the baby shower) would make my list, but I had such a great time. It was wonderful seeing so many of my design friends again. Zach, Tim, Chuck, Steph. It was nice to talk about design (though I did little talking) and hear design being talked about. I miss Ogden, I miss school, I miss being apart of an amazing group of people...

Meeting Ryan Little
He's the man who directed Saints and Soldiers. He's really in love with his craft and it shows. I liked listening to him talk about cameras

Meeting Corbin Allred
He was the lead actor in Saints and Soldiers, he's done a lot TV work and was also in Anywhere But Here with Susan Sarandon and Natalie Portman. It was just a meeting in passing, but seemed like a really nice guy.

Coloring My Hair
This one is small in comparison...I'm sure I have made this argument before. Red is the coolest color hair anyone can have (even if it never looks quite right). Blondes will ALWAYS get the most attention. But I feel I look my best when I am a brunette. It adds a year or two to my age I think (ouch) but dark hair with my fair skin and green eyes just pops in my opinion. So I am once again a Brunette (this is not the best pic...it looks a little more red than it really is)!

Taking My Cousins School Shopping
Ahh...school shopping, I get to live vicariously through my younger cousins when school time rolls around. We take them out, get them clothes-it's fun.

Finding Right Fit Jeans at Fashion Bug
So at Lane Bryant you can get a pair of Right Fit jeans in there brand (Venezia) for 40-50 dollars. That's more than I want to pay for jeans, but there comfortable so'll buck it every once in awhile and splurge. Well come to find out you can now get Right Fit jeans @ Fashion Bug (the are LA Blues brand) for about 28 dollars. Wahoo!

Finding Out About Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Oh...if only life were a musical! I have to thank Kevin for turning me on to this one...3 Acts=40 minutes of good music, good comedy, and fun. Leave it to Joss Whedon to find something constructive to do during writers strike. I loved this so much I am making ringtones out of it. Here's a little taste (if you can't make it through the whole 15min first act at least try to make it through the first whole song or two):


Finding Out About Bare The Musical
I have to thank Kevin for turning me on to this one too. This one is a little bit more adult than Dr. Horrible, and it is not a comedy, but OMG the music is phenomenal. Between story and sound it reminds me a lot of RENT. Click here to check out a clip.

Falling in Love with Mr. Darcy All Over Again
I find Jane Austen to be such a hard read, but I would do almost anything for Mr. Darcy :)

So there you go-lets hope this week is just as good!

2 comments:

steph k said...

I'm so glad you came! And brought the drinks and the YUMMY cheesecake (really, I ate them for breakfast)! I was pretty quiet too... I like just BEING around all of you.

And I vote for brunette too. I like it when I'm one... and I feel like people don't think I'm dumb. Crazy heads.

Sean Dustman said...

I can't get Dr. Horrible out of my head! It's a work of art.