Saturday, March 02, 2013

Hope is just another way to say we're back to square one.

There is no way to say this tactfully, February pretty much sucked! I don't even know where to begin in relaying the suckery. I don't know why I am even bothering with a goals post for February because I got jack done. I gave up on TAD about half way through because it was getting hard to find the time, and I was tired of trying to make something for the sake of making something...I wanted it to be meaningful. I haven't worked on any of my "freelance" projects. And all this perceived inability to accomplish anything has got feeling really unhappy...down right depressed. I don't like anything I am doing or creating, and I am starting wonder if I am doing right. Let just hope that March is better (maybe a vacation would help).

1. 18 Books in a Year:
I got three more read: Dresden Files Books 5 & 6 and Engines of Change. Sadly for as much as I loved these books I didn't get the reviews written for the last two until today. They are now online at www.stuckinstorymode.com I do want to take a second and say Engines of Change was an excellent book. If you have ever thought a car would, could, or has changed your life you need to read this book. 

2. 40 Movies in a Year:
I didn't see a movie THE ENTIRE MONTH OF FEBRUARY! What is wrong with me? There were a couple of movies that I wanted to see. There were a couple of movies that I needed to "catch up" on. But nope, I could not make myself go to the theater to save my life. 

3. Revive thatsmyfavorite.com:
Nada

4. Get Healthy:
Nada

5. Keep a Paper Journal:
Nada, but I have bought a journal (I already had one, but the binding is broke) now I just need to make it pretty...excuses, excuses...I know

6. Write a Novel and/or NaNoWriMo:
Nada

7. Save $2500 for a BIG 2014 Vacation:
Well I got my tax return in and I have been able to put away the $100 a check as planned, but I really need a new mattress, I think my laptop is about to die, and I really, REALLY need to get out of SLC/UT for a few days. I really just need a reboot and the "same ole, same ole" isn't cutting it. All of these things will cut into this goal significantly.

8. Etsy Store?:
Nada - I mentioned in my last goals post that #8 might be changing again. The Etsy Store isn't going to happen...so as soon as I figure out what this goal will be I will let you know.

9. Family Cook Book:
Nada

10. Design Habits:
Nada

11. Self Improvement:
I am half way through my first "self-help" book. It is pretty much a joke, I shouldn't have started with it. I should have picked something more substantial. I will write about it when I finish it.

12. Get to Work On Time:
It's like setting this goal has made the whole thing worse (well that, and not wanting to be at work).

###

No comments: