Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Always remember, it’s simply not an adventure worth telling if there aren’t any dragons.

So a couple of weeks ago I did a very bold thing (for me) and quite inadvertently set out on an adventure.

In a very short period of time this adventure has taught me a thing or two. Mostly, that you never really know the situation you are in until you step back, step out or step away.

Looking back I see now that I should have fought more battles. I should have tried harder to be heard whether or not I was to be understood. And I shouldn't have been afraid to burn a bridge that was in such disrepair.

Compromise turned into complacency and submissiveness somewhere along the way and it took stepping off the path to see it.

Ultimately, the lesson I am still trying to learn is...don't be afraid to fail.


No comments: