Sunday, November 04, 2012

I Heart ThinkGeek

So early last week I was perusing thinkgeek.com and came across a couple of really good deals that I couldn't pass up. They were delivered to me this weekend and I just had to share.


First, the only thing I was actually looking to order (no, not a sonic screwdriver - I just can't make myself do it), the ThinkGeek Bluetooth Retro Handset. I got myself the black one. I had a really hard time getting it to pair with my Samsung. The handset has only one button and a little blue light, So it is hard to tell what mode the phone is in (or even if it is on) so I just had to keep trying until it stuck. It has decent sound, and I will admit I am looking forward to that moment when I get to pull this bad boy out of my purse when my phone rings :)


Second, I couldn't pass up scanning the deals the pages and I came across this fun little box. Basically I just spent $10 on yeast and a plastic cork, but as an American I am allotted 100 gallons a year in home brew and I haven't used any yet. So I bought this DIY Juice to Alcohol Kit.  As soon as it arrived I read the instructions and ran out to get a bottle of juice. It is currently working it's magic as I type this. I should be able to have a nice glass of cranberry pomegranate spike juice with dinner tomorrow :)


Lastly, I told myself months ago the next order I placed with ThinkGeek would have to include his decal. I am a big Firefly fan and the Mustang NEEDS this Engineered By Firefly Sticker, so much in fact that I had to cancel my first order with TG because I forgot to add this sticker to my cart. As soon as I get it put on the Stang I will take pictures and post them :)

On a side note:
I also finished the baby shower invite I have been working on. I am getting them printed tomorrow and I will post a picture after the shower. It isn't an original design, but I added my own little details to it. I think it turned out pretty cute.

I saw Cloud Atlas this weekend. It was epic and truly needs to be discussed to be fully appreciated. If anyone wants to chat movies, specifically this one, let me know.

If you haven't voted already, please remember to vote on Tuesday. You may think your vote doesn't count, but who ever you are rooting for, you have to vote for. You can't expect others to stand up and do it for you.

No comments: