Saturday, July 06, 2013

The friction's so palpable I'm almost glad I can't see it.



Wow, I have no intro for June. It just kinda happened...It was super hot at work (I am talking 90s in the office) up until last week. I got a website done (can you believe it), but that's about it. Oh and the above video restores my faith in humanity :)

--
1. 18 Books in a Year:
Ha-Ha. This one is done. Anything at this point is gravy. I have 3 more books put away. They are: Turn Coat (Dresden Book 11) By Jim Butcher, Revenge Wears Prada By Lauren Weisberger and Big Red Tequila by Rick Riordan. That puts me at 19.  Stuck In Story Mode (www.stuckinstorymode.com) is struggling a little though. I haven't posted my last 2 movies or my last 2 books. So I have a bit of work to do there.

2. 40 Movies in a Year:
I only saw 2 movies in June. If you recall my math from last month's posts that means I am behind...seriously behind. My count is now up to twelve (I saw a movie on the 4th...it technically a July movie). So in June I saw: Now You See Me and Man of Steel. As I mentioned above, Stuck In Story Mode (www.stuckinstorymode.com) is behind, sorry. Let's do an update on the math. There are about 25 weeks left in the year. I have 28 movies I have to see just to make the goal. That means I will have to see a movie every week until the end of the year with 3 of those weeks having 2 movies. We'll have to see...I am a little worried about this goal.  

3. Revive thatsmyfavorite.com:
Damn...I forgot this was even a goal...

4. Get Healthy:
Hmmmm...I am eating my veggie and drinking more water, but I should be working harder on this one.

5. Keep a Paper Journal:
This is only happening twice a month. At least it is something, but the stupid book is right next to my bed, why do I not pick it up and jot a few things down...I just don't know

6. Write a Novel and/or NaNoWriMo:
Nope, did other things in June.

7. Save $2500 for a BIG 2014 Vacation:
Ugh...I like to spend money...I am about $150 behind to make this goal by the end of the year I may end up having to raid another fund to make up the difference and get back on track.

8. I Got It! Do I Need A Reason:
So I changed the location for www.doineedareason.com. It now goes to random quote site I set up. I can't exactly call the website the goal. Since I got the structure done before ever setting the goal.  So technically the goal will be getting this site populated with quotes. I am currently at 120. I want to have 500 by the end of the year.

9. Family Cook Book:
Oh God, if I could just get my ass in gear on this one I could have it done for Christmas, but alas I can't seem to make myself do it.

10. Design Habits:
Concept phase...I think I am going to relaunch my design blog (dead since 2010) with a top level domain name (again re-purposed from another project).

11. Self Improvement:
Does moving to a new office and realize a pseudo-crush is an asshole count?

12. Get to Work On Time:
This one wasn't so good in June. It has been really hot, making it really hard to want to go to work. I'll call it 60%, but that might be a little high.
--

###

No comments: