Saturday, February 01, 2014

You are not a puzzle solver; you never have been. You're a drama queen.


Yes, I am on a Sherlock kick. And yes, I am fan of Benedict Cumberbatch. If you feel the need to call me a not very nice name because of this...so be it.

So I did a quick post listing my goals for 2014. It was last minute and it was short because I wanted to get them up before January ended. I figured I would take a little time now to go over them.

01. 12 Books
This one is pretty self explanatory, 12 books in one year. I haven't started this one yet, and I probably won't until March, but keep your eye on the side bar. You will see my book list there.

02. 24 Movies
Another one that is self explanatory, 24 movies (in the theater) in one year. So far I have only seen one since first of the year, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. I am not going to be keep track of these on "Stuck In Story Mode" this year. I am just going to show off my ticket stubs and keep the side bar updated.

03. $3000 Vacation/Fun Fund
Last year the goal was $2500. It took all year, but I made it. I decided to push it a little further so I am going for 3K this year (I don't know if it will be a vacation fund, but I will have fun with it). So far I am on track.

04. 365 Photos (posted to Instagram)
So I didn't give myself much breathing room on this one, 365 pictures in 365 days. The ideal plan is a picture a day, but if the Instagram account has 365 photos at the end of the year, I am not going too feel bad if each one doesn't have a unique date. These are being posted to a special Instagram account (onthehunt365) http://instagram.com/onthehunt365. There is also a separate blog for them, On The Hunt 365, http://onthehunt365.blogspot.com/. I am on track with this one too (32 pics posted so far).

 05. AYou Tube Channel with at least 6 original content videos
Basically, this is a goal to produce an original content video every other month. Two months should be plenty of time to produce a 1-5 min. video. I don't really want it to be an "eclectic" "anything goes" kind of thing. I would like to create a channel with a theme, but we'll see how it pans out. I am kind of leaning toward either vlog style videos or how-tos. I haven't done anything for this one yet.

06. Apply for a job in the UK
This really isn't much of a goal. I mean it shouldn't be much of a push to apply for a job. It's the UK part that makes it a bit interesting. Why the UK? 'Cause I think it would be AMAZING to work on the Top Gear set. No forward movement on this yet.

07. Apply For a job in Toronto
Some people might think this is because of Apprentice A, but I have felt a draw to Toronto for a couple of years now. I originally blamed the film festival but at this point on don't know. I really think I want to try for a job here just to see if maybe fate is trying to tell me something. Haven't worked on it yet though.

08. Renew Passport
This one really shouldn't be a goal either, but I have tried for years now and I have put it off so long I really just have to start completely over with the process. But if I am going to job hunt internationally I better be able to travel internationally. I should probably do this one before 6 or 7 get done...just sayin.

09. Find an additional source of income
Adsense, freelance, YouTube income, something. I really want to pay my debt down and the alternative to increasing income is to decrease spending and that just doesn't sound like fun :), but I haven't worked on it yet (do you see a theme arising)

10. Keep in touch with people
There are a few people I have fallen out of touch with. There are some people I "talk" to, but not nearly as much as I should. So I want to try to re-connect and keep in touch with those people this year. This means I might actually talk on the phone. The plan was to start this one this month (Feb) so we'll have to see how it goes.

11. Lose Weight (a lot of weight)
I have danced around this one for years now, calling it getting healthy or what not. This year I am just calling what it is, I want to get skinny. Haven't worked on it at all yet.

12. Recipe Book
This might be the year. The recipe drawer is getting out of control. Forget gifts, forget sharing it with others, for organization purposes I need to get this recipe book done this year. But I haven't started it yet.

13. 1000 Quotes for "Do I Need A Reason"
I haven't touched this site in months, but I would love to get a 1000 quotes on it, but tracking them down and giving the right attribution take some time. Maybe I will do a little re-skin too.

14. Countdown Website
'Cause this list wouldn't be complete without a website goal. I want to create a website that is just a list of countdowns to things I like and/or am excited about. Of course this would have been great to do the end of last year instead of trying to get it done now. I haven't touched this one other.

To wrap up let me talk some movie nonsense. I am excited that they cast Ben Affleck as Batman, most of my comic book friends disagree with my enthusiasm to the idea. So the clip below is for all of them. And on a related note, I am a little disappointed about Eisenburg being cast as Lex Luther, but we'll see how it goes.



###

1 comment:

steph k said...

I am behind in blogs. Like SO behind, BUT... get Chris Powell's book! The new one! It's amazing! Good stuff for weight loss. I adore the Powells. Also, you've got a friend/support in me!!! I hope you know that!

Also, I figured you'd be happy to know that I do like Sherlock more and more. I watch it on Sunday nights... cycling through ALL the episodes because I miss things. It's pretty grand. ;)