Sunday, August 03, 2008

Spoilers and Predictions-Breaking Dawn Ch.1-6

I can't believe that I'm getting this way...Harry Potter this is not, but still I can't contain myself. I warn now, if you don't want things possibly spoiled don't read on.

Spoilers...
I am only through Chapter 6 and I am somewhat let down. Everything that I thought was going to be an event ended up being such a non-event. The wedding happened. There was no soap opera "I object to this union!" moments. There was no terror or danger that caused it to be postponed. It just happened. It was beautiful, but it just occurred...there wasn't any challenge in getting there.

So now that the couple is married, the next question has got to be one of intimate relations. Now that you know that they made it to the alter if you just wanted to skip to chapter 5 you could consider yourself that much further ahead. Now, I know this is young adult fiction so I couldn't exactly expect Harlequin romance. But she didn't really give us anything but aftermath, and excuse. It really was just another non-event. It kind of just happened in blackout fashion. There was no climax at all (pun intended).

Predictions...
Six chapters and I have a lot of theories. Now this is early enough they might change a little a merge some of the predictions I am not listing here but here we go...
Meyer has broken pretty much every vampire convention why not this one too. Bella is pregnant. It explains the hunger, the tiredness, the vertigo. I know what your thinking, can the undead really have the right fluids in them to procreate...and if they can, why not with each other...I know there are a lot of holes in this part, but this is the way I see it happening mostly because of Bella's latest dream.

Bella's dreams have always had significance, even a premonition quality to them. Her seeing this child makes me think that she is going to have to protect her own child. If she were to change I think she would find herself with a power likened to Alice's (which is probably why they get along).

Next prediction, Bella is not going to become a vampire. Not because she doesn't want to...I have a feeling that there is still another deal to be made with the Volturi.

Bringing me to another prediction, this one isn't hard to come up with, the Volturi will be the big battle in this book.

So in a nutshell this is how I see it unfolding. Bella gets pregnant and this complicates the whole becoming a vampire thing. The Volturi get impatient about Bella (because, of course they have alternative motives) then find out she is having a vampire baby. They have rules and one of them is no vampire babies. So no they have to kill her and her baby (born or unborn-I am unsure of which yet). Battle ensues, but the Cullens can't win. Edward brokers a deal. He goes with the Volturi, Bella goes back to Forks with the baby-human on both counts. This gives Jacob the opportunity to stand up, be a man, and have Bella. This is where Bella's vision or her and Jacob having kids and a life together comes to fruition. He is even man enough to raise the vampire-human hybrid (who has unusual powers of his own) as his own. Edward has a promise to keep though. He stays close and when Bella and Jacob are old and gray Jacob will pass away, and Edward will step back into Bella's life. For the ultimate happily ever after. Just the way Bella saw in her dream (her old and gray Edward forever 17).

Now like I said before there are a lot of holes still I have to fill in, but it's a good place to start.

1 comment:

steph k said...

I'm finding a LOT of people disappointed... dissatisfied with the book... it sort of makes me giggle inside. But only because I'm anti Stephenie Meyer Hero Worship.