Monday, January 21, 2013

Take Me Along For The Ride

(Note: This video actually starts at 00:35:17)

So last week the Vlogbrothers, Hank and John Green, did An Evening of Awesome @ Carnegie Hall in NYC. This consisted of them talking and singing and letting their friends perform, they answered questions, and danced. They pretty much had a great party that they streamed live on YouTube. These gentlemen are amazing to watch. Not because their act is spectacular (though I do find them entertaining), but because of the energy they bring with them, some might call it a spirit. These guys are simply devoted to making "this" place better than they found it.

Along they way they came to create a community of like minded people. And I think that is where this ultimate feeling I have stems from. These are guys you want to work with, you want to know, you want to do "something" with because it seems that everything they touch is good, deep, meaningful. It's these guys that make me want to try vlogging, because I want to be like them, I want to do something with them.

And it comes back to An Evening of Awesome, because as I watched them embrace this opportunity, I wanted to be a part of it. They had the opportunity to perform at Carnegie Hall and instead of making it a self indulgent night of Brothers Green they invited others; other musicians, other artists, Youtubers and shared this amazing night them. Taking it a step further, there was events all over the world and like I mentioned earlier, they streamed the whole thing live so we could all enjoy it. So thanks for taking me along for the ride.

No comments: