Monday, April 01, 2013

You were wasted by a teenage mutant ninja angel?


March was marginally better than February, marginally. I am still in a really foul mood, but I felt like doing more, and you can see from my goals that I got a little more done.

1. 18 Books in a Year:
I got another 3 out of the way: Dresden Files Book 7, 4 Hour Work Week and I'm Feeling Lucky. That brings the total count up to 8. All 3 were great. Dresden #7 was about zombies and lacked a strong love story which actually made it pretty good. 4 Hour Work Week makes some really good points about upping efficiency. And I'm Feeling Lucky gives an enticing inside look at Google. The reviews are online at www.stuckinstorymode.com

2. 40 Movies in a Year:
I got 3 movies squared away in March, but that still puts me behind. I saw Beautiful Creatures, Oz, the Great and Powerful and Olympus Has Fallen. None were overly spectacular, but all were still enjoyable. The reviews are online at www.stuckinstorymode.com

3. Revive thatsmyfavorite.com:
I have been working on it the last couple of days, but I have nothing to show for it.

4. Get Healthy:
I have started taking green coffee bean extract and I think it is helping a little.

5. Keep a Paper Journal:
YES! I have finally started writing in my journal, not consistently, but I have started.

6. Write a Novel and/or NaNoWriMo:
Nada

7. Save $2500 for a BIG 2014 Vacation:
Still on track here, I did buy the mattress, but the laptop is still limping along and I am still trying to get out of town. So we'll see what happens.

8. ????? The Mystery Goal:
Nada

9. Family Cook Book:
Nada

10. Design Habits:
Nada

11. Self Improvement:
Working on it. I finished my "self-help" book. It was the 4 Hour Work Week. Like I mentioned before, some of it is down right laughable, but there are some really valid points too. I am going to try to implement some of them in April.

12. Get to Work On Time:
I can't even begin to tell you how big a joke this is.

###

No comments: