Wednesday, May 01, 2013

I won't have the entire world upstage my big death scene.


April was an interesting month. Things went well for the most part, there at the end there was some drama that I am still processing. The video above is from Michael Aranda. I feel weird watching it. I kind feel like I am reading his private diary, but still I think it is beautifully done.

1. 18 Books in a Year:
5 more books down for the count: Dresden Files Book 8, Dresden Files Book 9, An Abundance of Katherines, Will Grayson Will Grayson, and Paper Towns. That means I have finished all the John Green books, wahoo! That brings the total count up to 13. I am awfully close to that goal of 18, but the the new policy at work means I won't be listening to books quite as diligently as before. As always the reviews for the books I read this month are online at www.stuckinstorymode.com. Actually, that is not true I am behind in my reviews, but I hope to have them up in the next week or so. 

2. 40 Movies in a Year:
This is not the year of the movie for me. I only saw one movie in April, GI Joe Retaliation. That takes my movie count up to 8 :( the review can be found online at www.stuckinstorymode.com

3. Revive thatsmyfavorite.com:
Nope, but I've been working on a couple of other sites.

4. Get Healthy:
Still working on this. I am taking my vitamin, not eating as much...still not a lot of exercise though.

5. Keep a Paper Journal:
Not a lot of writing this month, but still being maintained

6. Write a Novel and/or NaNoWriMo:
Nada

7. Save $2500 for a BIG 2014 Vacation:
This one has had a little set back. I've had a couple of expenses roll in that I wasn't counting on.

8. ????? The Mystery Goal:
Nada

9. Family Cook Book:
Nada

10. Design Habits:
Nada

11. Self Improvement:
I didn't really implement anything from my "first self help book" because I have had some personal stuff come up, but it is still simmering on the back burner.

12. Get to Work On Time:
1 day in April I made it to work on time. But some stuff has changed at work making it more likely that this goal will be reached.

###

No comments: